GeolOil offers services of petrophysical data assembling, processing, and interpretation. Before hiring these services, please contact us first to assess the scope of the work, its feasibility, and our availability. We are used to work from small projects involving few wells, to large projects with hundred, or even thousands of wells, subject to our workload. These are the steps to hire our services:
Contact us and tell us about your request and needs.
What data, how much of it, and how many wells you have.
Do not pay without our assessment, availability, and approval: you may loose up to 4.4% for PayPal processing costs.
- We will assess your request within 1-5 days to estimate the resources and workload needed. Normally our assessment lies withing ∓15%. If the project requires less resources than the ones we estimated, we will refund the excess (minus 2.9% of PayPal processing costs for USA sales, and 4.4% for international sales). If it requires more than 15% of the original estimate, we would need your approval to continue.
After our approval, define and pay a phase you want to start with. You only pay our labour costs.
Software costs and GST run on our side. That is what is called "dressed rates".
NOTE: Some companies may offer apparent cheaper prices than us, but not including software costs nor USA GST taxes.
- Deliverables: Excel files, LAS files, PNG image log plots, and GeolOil GLOG and GWAT processed files.
- All projects receive a free 3 months full license, courtesy of GeolOil for the client use.
Pricing —No additional costs for software use!—
||Assembling||$ 68/h||4 hours||$ 272||$ 544||$ 272 each|
||Processing||$ 88/h||4 hours||$ 352||$ 704||$ 352 each|
||Interpretation||$ 158/h||8 hours||$ 1,264||$ 1,264||$ 1,264 each|
No hidden charges nor GST taxes. All purchases receive a free 3 months GeolOil license for client's use
Rate A: Petrophysical data assembling
In petrophysical assembling, we receive unprocessed data and assemble them into LAS files, and Excel files.
- Typing and organizing raw data from legacy PDF, and image files into Excel files
- Build LAS files from core data already loaded in Excel files.
- Export core data or curves in LAS files, to Excel files.
- Estimation of NaCl equivalent water salinity, and synthetic electric balance from legacy water analyses.
Rate B: Petrophysical processing
By petrophysical processing we expect that the petrophysical data have been already prepared as a collection of LAS files, and then some processing is needed.
- Basic log plotting of LAS files onto PNG images, with default tracks as lithology, resistivity, pore space, permeability, and saturations.
- Core data depth shifting inside its LAS file, either from core gamma, or to follow curve trends
- LAS files merging, and re-sampling. Quite often, each well has a collection of several files that need to be merged into a single, unique, consolidated LAS file, with the same start, end depths, and step depth resolution.
- Compute LAS navigation curves of TVD, TVD-SS, Inclination, and Azimuth, from deviation survey files
Rate C: Petrophysical interpretation
By petrophysical interpretation we expect that we received ready to use LAS log files, and interpret them to extract or produce new results.
- Quality control and independent, unbiased second opinion on legacy interpretations.
- Derive correlation equations to estimate horizontal and vertical permeability from core data per formation or zone.
- Standard interpretation to produce curves of Vshale, effective porosity, vertical and horizontal permeability, and water saturation.
- Specialized computations, like mineral solvers, water saturation through capillary pressure height, and GeolOil GLS scripts for custom formulae and equations.
- Microsoft PowerPoint presentations with our results and findings.