GeolOil petrophysics runs on Windows PC, MacOS, and Linux. It needs official Oracle Java-8 SE Runtime Environment. Java-8 x64 bits.
- Java-7 or older versions are not supported. Just upgrade to Java-8.
- GeolOil runs on Java-9 and Java-10 but with compatibility limitations. We don't recommend nor support Java 9 or Java 10. Firstly, our equations interpreter scripting requires Java-8. Secondly, Java-9 and Java-10 may show poor anti-aliasing display scaling when working with big fonts on Windows-7. You may want to switch to a default smaller font in the Control Panel to overcome this.
Free 2 weeks license for non-commercial use. US and Canadian companies only
Companies and organizations from USA and Canada in the oil, gas, and mining businesses can download for free, a two weeks trial license provided that they have a developed web site. Just email us from an official email address requesting your free trial license. (That is, an email with matching domain name as the web site, not a generic @gmail, @hotmail, @yahoo, @msn, or others)
Optional paid 3 weeks license for commercial use. General download
If you or your company for any reason doesn't qualify for a free download, or you prefer a longer testing time, you can download one 3 weeks trial license for a small symbolic fee using any email and get email customer support. Your installation is guaranteed or your money is back.
These licenses have all the features of our regular licenses:
- You have full access to all four GeolOil petrophysics modules: LAS Editor, Curves Displayer, Petrophysical Functions, and Log Upscaler.
- You can save all your work as GeolOil formatted G-LOGTM files. That means that when you switch to a regular license, you will continue to use all the work done, curve editions, depth re-sampling, LAS file merges, templates, display plots, stratigraphy, petrophysical computations, log upscalings, and more.
- You can load any GLOG file made by other users and examples, and work with your own real data, not a fixed, sample pre-built database.
However, these lightweight licenses have restrictions:
- They are not renewable.
- The curve plots are water marked discretely.
Features of LAS well log modules
|1.||Edit LAS files, add & remove curves|
|2.||Re-sample LAS files resolution|
|3.||Merge LAS files and curves|
|4.||Table view, editing & shifting|
|5.||Define Tracks with curves||-|
|6.||Define well stratigraphy||-|
|7.||Display log curves and fillings||-|
|8.||Petrophysical functions & equations||-||-|
|9.||Water Analysis & Ionic mEq balance||-||-|
|11.||Porosity and Water Sat. Upscaling||-||-||-|
|12.||NetPay, NetSand, Hydroc. column||-||-||-|
|13.||Rw by Hingle method||-||-||-|